Welcome,

Glad you stopped by!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Apricot Ginger Tea with a Slice of Romance: Part II

I have a confession to make: I long to be swept off my feet. Pair that longing alongside the fact that I'm married to the man I love, and the result can sometimes be confusing, to say the least.

Just surviving marriage in the midst of raising a family including a special needs son, with enough left in the love tank to even care about one another is a bonus. We are two very different people when it comes to relational styles. Yet in spite of our differences, despite periods of disillusionment, and in the midst of what has become a callous world, I find myself wanting more than survival -- and I believe he does too.

The dance of intimacy is scary. You see, I am a clumsy dancer. Brian isn't a natural at it either. But we are learning that if we engage in this dance, we stand to experience deeper levels of honesty, joy, forgiveness, grace, compassion, and love. If we choose to dance through pain and uncertainties instead of around them, or instead of turning away, the door is opened toward more intimate and real connection. In this deeper place of knowing and being known, I long to discover a better balance of romantic love.

No comments: